How might my child act out if he does not trust me?

Erik Fisher
When your children feel that you as a parent are looking out more for yourself than them, they stop trusting you. Where there is no trust, there is no sense of safety or security. When people do not feel safe, they live with a feeling of fear and often feel that they need to take matters into their own hands. Therefore, they will either challenge you and/or others for power and control or will surrender their wants and needs to others and let themselves be controlled.

Continue Learning about Parenting

How to Reduce Your Baby’s Risk of SIDS
How to Reduce Your Baby’s Risk of SIDS
“This is the paramedic, we’re driving in with a 4-month-old. Mother found it in the crib, not breathing. CPR underway.” As an ER doctor, there are fe...
How can helicopter parenting damage a child?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
How can helicopter parenting damage a child? Helicopter parenting is the term given to mothers and ...
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Every parent is going to face an embarrassing question they’re not quite ready for. Check out these questions you might hear and smart ways to answer ...
How Can I Help a Perfectionist Child Who Is Easily Frustrated?