How can I know if my child is a slacker?

Michele Borba
Slackers are kids who procrastinate, dawdle, cut corners or just take the easy way just in time for back-to-school.

Sound like your kid?

"I don't care! I quit -- this is too hard." "Why don't you do it?"

Is his backpack a disaster, homework always a battle and everything seems to be put off until the last nano-second ("I'll do it… just give me a minute!")?

Do you feel like your kid's personal palm pilot ("Today is the spelling test!") and Big Ben ("the bus is coming in minute!")

Does his teacher tell you: "I just know he could do better if he'd just apply himself"?

If so chances are you have a little slacker in your home, and can they be frustrating. They dawdle, put things off until the last minute, are unorganized, have poor time management skills and cut corners.

Continue Learning about Parenting

6 Fast, Healthy Recipes for Frazzled Parents
"Knowing kids -- and parents -- need to eat healthy food is one thing. Getting them to do it is another. For starters, kids of all ages tend to hate a...
What should I do if my child behaves badly due to his friend's influence?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
If a child starts mimicking an acquaintance’s offensive behavior, parents should explain their conce...
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Every parent is going to face an embarrassing question they’re not quite ready for. Check out these questions you might hear and smart ways to answer ...
As A Parent, How Can My Attitude Affect My Child's Body Image?