How do I keep my guns safe from children?

It is also important fact to remember that children are curious by nature. Parents should be careful not to frequently talk about household weapons (avoiding sensationalism of gun ownership) and weapon location within the home in their child's presence. Ideally, with straight talk about gun safety, your child will be deterred from looking for weapons when they find an opportune time to do so. However, parents must be even more responsible by ensuring that weapons are inaccessible to their children who may on a whim decide to ignore parental instructions. In many incidents involving accidental shootings carried out by children, parents are in shock and disbelief at their child’s acquisition of the weapon.

Continue Learning about Parenting

How to Stop the Spread of Bullying
How to Stop the Spread of Bullying
In 1906 in order to sell his Square Deal, Republican president Teddy Roosevelt used what was called his Bully Pulpit to convince folks that projects l...
How can I improve my sleep quality as a new mom?
Scripps HealthScripps Health
There’s a general rule for new parents who are struggling for rest: sleep when the baby does. Howeve...
The Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They Mean
The Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They Mean
Here’s what’s common, what’s not—and when to call the doc.
What Is the Importance of Social Media in Healthcare Today?