How can I help my child stop procrastinating?

Lynne Kenney
If your child is prone to procrastination, help him learn to set appropriate goals for completing tasks. Follow these steps with your child:

1. Identify for your child the discrete task that needs to be accomplished.
2. Break larger projects into smaller parts or action steps.
3. Break out the steps to the task and prioritize them.
4. Create a time frame with a deadline.
5. Develop the habit of “Do it now!”
6. Eliminate distractions.
7. Reward success. Never forget this one!

Continue Learning about Parenting

The Sex Talk—It Works
The Sex Talk—It Works
When Cut Video recorded young kids and their parents having the birds-and-bees talk, 10,000,000 folks went to YouTube to see Moms and Dads struggling ...
How can I help my children define their values?
Lynne KenneyLynne Kenney
Time for the colorful markers, crayons and paper, and inviting the children to a session of fun ...
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Every parent is going to face an embarrassing question they’re not quite ready for. Check out these questions you might hear and smart ways to answer ...
What Are the Key Principles of "You" Parenting?