How can I encourage selfless acts in my child?

Michele Borba
Of course, one of the fastest way to increase selflessness is by “catching” your kid doing considerate and unselfish acts. Always remember to describe the deed so she clearly understands the virtue and point out the impact it had on the recipient.  Doing so will also help her be more likely to repeat the same generous deed another time. Encouraging examples include:

*“Did you see Kelly’s smile when you shared your toys? You made her happy.”

*“Thanks for taking time to ask me how my day went.”

*“Thanks for giving your CDs with your brother. I know you don’t listen to rap anymore but he just loves it.”
The Big Book of Parenting Solutions: 101 Answers to Your Everyday Challenges and Wildest Worries

Today show's Michele Borba's cures for difficult childhood behaviors In this down-to-earth guide, parenting expert Michele Borba offers advice for dealing with children's difficult behavior and hot...

Continue Learning about Parenting

Childhood Obesity Prevention: Keep Tabs on Kids' Weight
Childhood obesity is rising faster than the national debt. About 1 in 5 school-age kids are obese—1 in 3 in some cities. You might think that even if ...
Why should I avoid using my cell phone when I am with my child?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
Kids say that family meals, school activities, sporting events and after school (pick up and wel...
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Every parent is going to face an embarrassing question they’re not quite ready for. Check out these questions you might hear and smart ways to answer ...
What Are Three Parenting Personalities?
What Are Three Parenting Personalities?