Can I hire a caretaker for my baby who speaks another language?

While there's nothing wrong with hiring a foreign-speaking caregiver to help your child learn a second language (after all, it's easier to learn languages earlier in life because your brain is more plastic), you should also consider that in some cases, that may mean that the first language might not develop as perfectly and quickly as possible.
YOU: Having a Baby: The Owner's Manual to a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy

Can I get a cavity filled while pregnant? Will avoiding spicy foods make my kid a picky eater? Can I really increase my baby's IQ while she's in utero? Whether you're pregnant for the first time,...

Continue Learning about Parenting

Talking To Your Kids About Drugs and Alcohol
Shocking fact of the week: More than 24.6 million people in the United States are addicted to drugs and/or alcohol. That’s about 1 in every 10 America...
How can I grow as a person if I am a mother?
Mia RedrickMia Redrick
Hare five simple ways moms can help themselves to personally grow:1. Take yourself on a date. A mom’...
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Every parent is going to face an embarrassing question they’re not quite ready for. Check out these questions you might hear and smart ways to answer ...
Signs Your Toddler is Ready to Start Potty Training