Why do children and teens smoke?

Children and teens like to act as if they are someone special or dangerous. Smoking cigarettes, which is forbidden, is an act that they can engage in that meets the need to feel special. The rush of breaking the law and going against the rules and their parents wishes is addicting by itself. Smoking gets them noticed and gives them the attention that they crave.

Continue Learning about Parenting Teens

How can sexy advertising messages harm young girls?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
Here are a few dangers of those “too fast, too much, too sexy, too soon” images and why we should be...
How can I prevent my child from becoming a victim of sextortion?
Shawn EdgingtonShawn Edgington
Predators that practice sextortion pressure their victims to give them sexually explicit photos ...
Is Your Kid a Cyberbully?
Is Your Kid a Cyberbully?
How to Help Kids Get Back on a Normal Sleep Schedule