Who are adolescents?

Richard Ricciardi
Advanced Practice Nursing
That is a great question and one that does not have a universal answer. Adolescents are considered to be at the age when they are no longer children and not yet adults. This period of adolescence can take over a decade and has many components such as physical and emotional changes and is driven by the surge of certain hormones in the body. Although there is no universal age agreed upon to define adolescents, frequently they are referred to as being between 10 and 24 years of age.

Continue Learning about Parenting Teens

What is sexting?
Dr. Erik FisherDr. Erik Fisher
Sexting involves people, mostly teens, taking nude pictures of themselves and sending them using the...
How could my child benefit from blogging?
Erik FisherErik Fisher
The following are some benefits of blogging for children: 1. The Art of "Blogger-sation:" Blogs c...
Is Your Kid a Cyberbully?
Is Your Kid a Cyberbully?
What Should I Know About My Teenager and Sex?