How can movies influence the appeal of smoking to kids?

Michele Borba
A survey of 6,522 U.S. adolescents, found that those at low risk to begin smoking are strongly influenced by those “bad guys” smoking in movies. Watch those movie ratings, and restrict your kid from especially R-rated ones, which tend to have more smoking. Even then talk to your kids about what they are watching to try and stop them from starting this habit. Point out the negatives!

Continue Learning about Parenting Teens

How could my child benefit from blogging?
Erik FisherErik Fisher
The following are some benefits of blogging for children: 1. The Art of "Blogger-sation:" Blogs c...
Where can I find volunteer opportunities for my child?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
Explore your neighborhood: Often the best projects are in your own backyard and research shows that ...
What Should I Know About My Teenager and Sex?
How to Help Kids Get Back on a Normal Sleep Schedule