How can I help my teen handle peer pressure to drink and drive?

Michele Borba
Peer pressure is fierce, and teens say those "Just say no" type lines don't work. So help your adolescent create lines to use with peers that let her save face and buck the pressure of drinking and driving: "My dad will take away my license." "I don't need a ride -- my friend is coming." "My mom will ground me for life -- and she always finds out."
The Big Book of Parenting Solutions: 101 Answers to Your Everyday Challenges and Wildest Worries

Today show's Michele Borba's cures for difficult childhood behaviors In this down-to-earth guide, parenting expert Michele Borba offers advice for dealing with children's difficult behavior and hot...

Continue Learning about Parenting Teens

How can I help protect my child's online image?
Shawn EdgingtonShawn Edgington
To help with online image protection, daily monitoring is a great idea, especially for teens between...
What age should my child be when he gets his first cell phone?
Shawn EdgingtonShawn Edgington
Cell phones are generally not appropriate for children aged seven years and below. Even the most mat...
How to Help Kids Get Back on a Normal Sleep Schedule
What Should I Know About My Teenager and Sex?