How can I monitor my child's text messages?

Shawn Edgington
Pediatrics
Text message content monitoring is not usually offered within parental control services due to confidentiality issues. If you feel you need to monitor the content of your child's text messages, you'll need to purchase special software that has text-monitoring capabilities. I recommend that you do an Internet search for "Parental Control Software for Mobile Phones" to locate software that monitors text content. If you're going to monitor content, you must tell your child what you are doing and why.

Continue Learning about Parenting Teens

How can I help my teen act responsibly?
Robert J. Hedaya, MDRobert J. Hedaya, MD
For the teen, one area of the brain that is undeveloped is called the prefrontal cortex (PFC) This p...
What can I do if I think my teenage daughter is hurting herself?
Armin BrottArmin Brott
If you think your daughter is hurting herself, the very first thing you need to do is get a health p...
How to Help Kids Get Back on a Normal Sleep Schedule
Is Your Kid a Cyberbully?
Is Your Kid a Cyberbully?