How can I control how my child blogs?

Erik Fisher
Teens and kids react against controls, and blogging may be a way to assert their independence. Many teens are seeking places on the internet with fewer rules and regulations. Despite the best internet safeguards you put into place, some kids will rebel. Realize that you can contribute to this environment of control, or help change the way they view themselves and society. Become a better guide to your kids, and less of their boss.

Encouraging them to be a responsible blogger is a great step. Rather than tell your child what they can or can't do on a blog, help him or her to see all they are capable of: exploring their creativity, relaxing, releasing frustration, etc. -- all through the written word.

Continue Learning about Parenting Teens

How can a part-time job benefit my teenager?
Armin BrottArmin Brott
A job can teach skills and responsibility that will come in handy in college and the adult world bey...
Is grounding effective punishment my teen?
Ellen Rome, MDEllen Rome, MD
Grounding, or taking away of privileges, is a common form of teen punishment. In this video, Dr....
How to Help Kids Get Back on a Normal Sleep Schedule
Is Your Kid a Cyberbully?
Is Your Kid a Cyberbully?