What challenges face parents of children with complex medical conditions?

For parents of children with complex medical conditions, keeping up with the numerous doctors’ appointments, diagnostic tests, medications and medical equipment can be overwhelming. Faced with the need to see a myriad of specialized physicians, they sometimes struggle to find answers to the questions that inevitably arise between appointments -- and often end up relying on the emergency room, the nation’s most expensive form of care.

Continue Learning about Parenting Special Needs Children

How can I support my child with special needs from ages 12 to 14?
Intermountain Registered DietitiansIntermountain Registered Dietitians
The following are suggestions on how you can support the development of your child with special need...
How can I support my child with special needs from birth to age 3?
What Should I Know About Siblings of Special Needs Children?
What Kind of Training Does a Peer Mentor Receive?