How can I help my toddler stop biting kids at daycare?

Armin Brott
Pediatrics
Ask your daycare provider to do the same kind of investigative work you did at home: are they’re certain situations or times of day when biting is more common? Ask the daycare provider if she has any successful ways of dealing with biting and be sure to share any of the techniques that work for you at home. That way, she’ll be able to reinforce what you’re doing by implementing the same strategies there. At the same time, you’ll be letting her know that you’re taking the problem seriously and working on it. That can buy you some time and give her something to tell any concerned parents of bitten children.

Continue Learning about Parenting a Toddler

Is it okay to use suppositories for a child who refuses to poop?
Heather Wittenberg, PhDHeather Wittenberg, PhD
While effective, suppositories can be rather harsh, from a psychological perspective. It tells t...
What critical safety skills can I teach my child?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
Here are some good safety skills to teach your child:Establish a family secret code. Choose a memora...
What Are the Best Methods for Disciplining a Toddler?
5 Ways to End Kids' Temper Tantrums
5 Ways to End Kids' Temper Tantrums