Is it normal for a toddler to bite people?

Armin Brott
Pediatrics
Biting is a pretty normal behavior for a toddler. Children often bite when they’re tired, teething, jealous, or just plain frustrated. And sometimes they’re conducting little science experiments, wondering what would happen if they bit something—or someone—new. It’s an odd (to us anyway) but pretty effective way of exploring and testing out the world around them.

Continue Learning about Parenting a Toddler

When should I send my child to preschool?
John T. Duffy, MDJohn T. Duffy, MD
Parents will often ask, "When should my child go to preschool," or, "Should they go to preschool...
How can I help my child take his medicine?
Dr. Elif E. Oker, MDDr. Elif E. Oker, MD
The answer to this question really depends on your child's temperament, the type of medication you a...
5 Ways to End Kids' Temper Tantrums
5 Ways to End Kids' Temper Tantrums
What Are the Best Methods for Disciplining a Toddler?