What relationships are seminal?

Lisa Oz
Health Education

The seminal relationships for each of us are with our parents. In many ways, they set the tone for all subsequent relationships. Hundreds of miles and decades of therapy will probably not be able to erase the imprint of those formative bonds. How we approach our friends, lovers, teachers, employers, and children is colored by those first human interactions. Even the way we envision God is influenced by whether we saw our parents as kind and caring, or authoritarian and retributive.

Continue Learning about Parent-Child Relationship

How can I build a positive mother-daughter relationship?
Mia RedrickMia Redrick
One of the ways to do this is by dating your daughter.  When you date your children, you can get to ...
How can I take a bigger part in my child's life?
There’s a good chance your kids are interested in something you could find interesting as well, ...
How does my behavior affect my children's behavior?
Diana K. Blythe, MDDiana K. Blythe, MD
Your behavior affects your children's behavior because they are listening and learning, whether or n...
How can I establish morning routines with my kids?
Lynne KenneyLynne Kenney
You might wish to define a separate routine for each child or keep them all the same, depending ...