What do protozoan infections mean?

Protozoan infections mean that a type of single-celled parasite has invaded the body and is multiplying. These parasites, referred to as a group as protozoa, are introduced most commonly through tainted food or water or an insect bite. Once in the body, some will thrive unless medications are introduced to kill them.

Continue Learning about Parasitic Infections

What You Need to Know About Ticks
What You Need to Know About Ticks
The thought of a tick on your body or in your home probably makes you shudder, but if you spend time outdoors, you need to know what to do should you ...
What are parasitic infections?
When a parasite enters a person's body and begins to multiply, it is referred to as a parasitic infe...
What are the different types of parasites?
There are three types of parasites that feast on humans: Protozoa - one-celled organisms that li...
What Can Increase My Risk for Parasitic Infections?