What health problems can parasites cause?

Living in the United States, we don’t often think about parasites, but you don’t have to leave the country in order to get them. Millions of Americans are unknowingly living with chronic parasitic infections. Parasites can be the cause of many common health problems. In addition to digestive problems, chronic parasitic infections can cause irritability, chronic fatigue, acne, rashes, sleep problems, anemia, muscle cramps, teeth grinding, post nasal drip, allergies, poor concentration, and headaches.

Continue Learning about Parasitic Infections

What You Need to Know About Ticks
What You Need to Know About Ticks
The thought of a tick on your body or in your home probably makes you shudder, but if you spend time outdoors, you need to know what to do should you ...
What is a tapeworm?
Tapeworms are parasites, usually found in under-cooked beef or pork, sometimes in freshwater fish. I...
What are the different types of parasites?
There are three types of parasites that feast on humans: Protozoa - one-celled organisms that li...
What Can Increase My Risk for Parasitic Infections?