What are the chances of recurrence for scabies?

Scabies may recur if people in close contact with the infected person are not treated too. The infection is extremely contagious and to eliminate it completely, all family members who share physical proximity must be undergo treatment for scabies. Medication for scabies includes permethrin (5 percent), lindane, crotamiton, and ivermectin.

Continue Learning about Parasitic Infections

Hawaii Health Alert: Protecting Yourself From Rat Lungworm Disease
Rats have long been the vector for human disease—from the bubonic plague to leptospirosis—and in Hawaii today, they’re responsible for yet another inf...
What do parasitic infections mean?
Parasitic infections mean that a parasite has entered the body and begun multiplying. Typically, par...
What are parasitic infections?
When a parasite enters a person's body and begins to multiply, it is referred to as a parasitic infe...
What Can Increase My Risk for Parasitic Infections?