How do I prepare for an appointment to diagnose a parasitic skin infection?

If you think you may have a parasitic skin infection make an appointment to see your doctor. Before you go to the appointment, it is a good idea to make a list of the symptoms you've been having. Even if you think the symptoms are unrelated, add them to the list, anyway. Then list all the medications you are currently taking, including vitamins. Think about where you've been and the people you know. Make a note of places where you may have been exposed to parasites. Then, think of any questions you might have for the doctor. Write those down, too. Finally, find a friend or family member who can go with you to the doctor's appointment. Having someone with you will help you remember things the doctor may say.

Continue Learning about Parasitic Infections

What You Need to Know About Ticks
What You Need to Know About Ticks
The thought of a tick on your body or in your home probably makes you shudder, but if you spend time outdoors, you need to know what to do should you ...
What is a tapeworm?
Tapeworms are parasites, usually found in under-cooked beef or pork, sometimes in freshwater fish. I...
What do parasitic infections mean?
Parasitic infections mean that a parasite has entered the body and begun multiplying. Typically, par...
What Can Increase My Risk for Parasitic Infections?