What are the treatment options for protozoan infections?

Protozoan infections are treated with medications that kill the single-celled parasites responsible for the condition and stop them from multiplying. These medications may be used alone or in combination with others. In some cases, surgery is also required to remove growths or repair damage caused by the parasites.

Continue Learning about Parasitic Infections

What You Need to Know About Ticks
What You Need to Know About Ticks
The thought of a tick on your body or in your home probably makes you shudder, but if you spend time outdoors, you need to know what to do should you ...
What are parasitic infections?
When a parasite enters a person's body and begins to multiply, it is referred to as a parasitic infe...
Is amebiasis serious?
Symptoms arising from parasitic gastrointestinal infection by Entamoeba histolytica can include abdo...
What Can Increase My Risk for Parasitic Infections?