Should I be worried about parasitic infections?

If you have been in an area where exposure to parasites is common and are exhibiting common symptoms of the condition, you may have reason to worry about parasitic infections. Rural areas or places that do not follow proper sanitary procedures can expose you to parasites. Common symptoms of the condition include fever, diarrhea, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, and inflammation.

Continue Learning about Parasitic Infections

Hawaii Health Alert: Protecting Yourself From Rat Lungworm Disease
Rats have long been the vector for human disease—from the bubonic plague to leptospirosis—and in Hawaii today, they’re responsible for yet another inf...
What is amebiasis?
Amebiasis is a parasitic infection of the gastrointestinal tract caused by a protozoan organism call...
What is a tapeworm?
Tapeworms are parasites, usually found in under-cooked beef or pork, sometimes in freshwater fish. I...
How Are Parasitic Infections Diagnosed?
How Are Parasitic Infections Diagnosed?