Should I tell my child's school about parasitic skin infection?

If your child has a parasitic skin infection, it is important to let their school know about it. That's because many of the common forms of this condition are highly contagious, especially in schools and group day care settings. For example, lice and scabies are spread by direct contact and sharing belongings - two things children often do. Crowded conditions, like classrooms, are also to blame.

Continue Learning about Parasitic Infections

What You Need to Know About Ticks
What You Need to Know About Ticks
The thought of a tick on your body or in your home probably makes you shudder, but if you spend time outdoors, you need to know what to do should you ...
Do parasites have any benefit to humans?
Parasites can offer some benefits to humans. For example, early infections with parasites decrea...
What is amebiasis?
Amebiasis is a parasitic infection of the gastrointestinal tract caused by a protozoan organism call...
What Are the Treatment Options for Parasitic Infections?