Should I talk to my doctor about my scabies symptoms?

Scabies is a contagious infection. As soon as you suspect a family member or you have contracted the disease, consult the doctor immediately. It might be a good idea to take the entire family to the doctor; the infection spreads very easily.

Angela Lowery
Family Medicine

If you have symptoms of scabies you should contact your doctor immediately. You will want to contact your doctor to prevent or decrease the risk of the spread of infection. Scabies is very contagious.

Continue Learning about Parasitic Infections

What You Need to Know About Ticks
What You Need to Know About Ticks
The thought of a tick on your body or in your home probably makes you shudder, but if you spend time outdoors, you need to know what to do should you ...
What are the henipaviruses?
NewYork-Presbyterian HospitalNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
The henipaviruses – Hendra Virus (HeV) and Nipah Virus (NiV) – emerged during the 1990s in Australia...
What is a tapeworm?
Tapeworms are parasites, usually found in under-cooked beef or pork, sometimes in freshwater fish. I...
How Are Parasitic Infections Diagnosed?
How Are Parasitic Infections Diagnosed?