How does a protozoan infection affect my quality of life?

If left untreated, a protozoan infection can have a devastating effect on your quality of life. The condition means that single-celled parasites are living in and feeding off your body. Protozoan infections can cause long-term damage to major organs such as the brain, heart, and lungs and disrupt the normal functions of the body.

Continue Learning about Parasitic Infections

What You Need to Know About Ticks
What You Need to Know About Ticks
The thought of a tick on your body or in your home probably makes you shudder, but if you spend time outdoors, you need to know what to do should you ...
What is a tapeworm?
Tapeworms are parasites, usually found in under-cooked beef or pork, sometimes in freshwater fish. I...
What is amebiasis?
Amebiasis is a parasitic infection of the gastrointestinal tract caused by a protozoan organism call...
What Are the Treatment Options for Parasitic Infections?