What are the initial symptoms of hookworms?

Initial symptoms of hookworms, also known as nematodes, can include a rash at the infection site. If someone is infected with a large number of worms, it can lead to anemia, abdominal pain, loss of appetite, and weight loss.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Parasitic Infections

What You Need to Know About Ticks
What You Need to Know About Ticks
The thought of a tick on your body or in your home probably makes you shudder, but if you spend time outdoors, you need to know what to do should you ...
Is amebiasis serious?
Symptoms arising from parasitic gastrointestinal infection by Entamoeba histolytica can include abdo...
What are parasitic infections?
When a parasite enters a person's body and begins to multiply, it is referred to as a parasitic infe...
What Can Increase My Risk for Parasitic Infections?