Parasitic Infections

How can itchy sores between my fingers be a sign of scabies?

• ADr. Mehmet Oz, MD, Cardiology (Cardiovascular Disease), answered
    If you have very itchy bumps or blisters between your fingers, scabies may be the culprit. This skin infection is caused by tiny insects called mites. Female mites can tunnel into the skin and lay eggs. Your body reacts to this infestation by making your skin itch. Scabies most commonly produces itching between the fingers, the wrist, and between the toes, but it can also affect other parts of the body. Itching may be worse at night. In severe cases, affected skin can become thick and crusty. Your doctor will likely prescribe a medication called permethrin, which is applied to the skin to treat scabies.
    Helpful? 1 person found this helpful.
Should I talk to my doctor about my scabies symptoms?