How do other illnesses affect scabies?

Scabies is contagious and parasitic. The infection manifests as thin red lines and small red bumps on the topmost skin layer. People with weak immune systems such as HIV or cancer patients, and very old people are more likely to contract scabies. Because they have no resistance to fight the mites, the mites can multiply easily. Gray crusts on the skin are a common sign.

Continue Learning about Parasitic Infections

What You Need to Know About Ticks
What You Need to Know About Ticks
The thought of a tick on your body or in your home probably makes you shudder, but if you spend time outdoors, you need to know what to do should you ...
What are parasitic infections?
When a parasite enters a person's body and begins to multiply, it is referred to as a parasitic infe...
What is amebiasis?
Amebiasis is a parasitic infection of the gastrointestinal tract caused by a protozoan organism call...
What Can Increase My Risk for Parasitic Infections?