Medications treat protozoan infections primarily by killing the single-celled parasites, referred to as protozoa, which cause the condition. These medications may be used alone or in combination with other medications to effectively rid the body of protozoa. Other medications may be used to treat secondary problems associated with protozoan infections, such as bacterial infections. A patient who has suffered diarrhea or vomiting may need to be rehydrated.
- Q What are the treatment options for parasitic infections?
- Q What herbs and spices help treat parasitic infections?
- Q How do I care for someone with intestinal parasites?
- Q Is there a cure for protozoan infections?
- Q How is onchocerca volvulus treated?
- Q What are some natural remedies for removing parasites?