Medications treat protozoan infections primarily by killing the single-celled parasites, referred to as protozoa, which cause the condition. These medications may be used alone or in combination with other medications to effectively rid the body of protozoa. Other medications may be used to treat secondary problems associated with protozoan infections, such as bacterial infections. A patient who has suffered diarrhea or vomiting may need to be rehydrated.
- Q Can meditation help parasitic intestinal infection?
- Q What are the treatment options for parasitic infections?
- Q How do I manage my parasitic skin infection on a daily basis?
- Q How does artemisia annua help treat parasitic infections?
- Q What are some natural remedies for removing parasites?
- Q What herbs and spices help treat parasitic infections?