How do medications treat flesh-eating bacteria?

Strong antibiotics are pumped into the veins of people who have flesh-eating bacteria. Working together with surgical treatment, the antibiotics combat the flesh-eating bacteria by fighting the current infection and helping to prevent the spread of flesh-eating bacteria. However, there isn't a medication that can undue the damage already wrought by flesh-eating bacteria.

Continue Learning about Parasitic Infections

What You Need to Know About Ticks
What You Need to Know About Ticks
The thought of a tick on your body or in your home probably makes you shudder, but if you spend time outdoors, you need to know what to do should you ...
What is amebiasis?
Amebiasis is a parasitic infection of the gastrointestinal tract caused by a protozoan organism call...
What do parasitic infections mean?
Parasitic infections mean that a parasite has entered the body and begun multiplying. Typically, par...
What Can Increase My Risk for Parasitic Infections?