How do I manage my parasitic skin infection on a daily basis?

Living with a parasitic skin infection can be challenging. Even though the condition may be short term, it is important to relieve the itch and pain that is caused by the skin rashes. Once you visit your doctor, it is important to apply the topical medication prescribed. Utilize suggestions about how to relieve the itchiness and be sure to avoid scratching. Cool compresses and anti-itch creams and lotions can help, too. In the case of myiasis, the insects may have to be removed manually. Once that occurs, keeping the area clean is very important.

Continue Learning about Parasitic Infections

What You Need to Know About Ticks
What You Need to Know About Ticks
The thought of a tick on your body or in your home probably makes you shudder, but if you spend time outdoors, you need to know what to do should you ...
Is amebiasis serious?
Symptoms arising from parasitic gastrointestinal infection by Entamoeba histolytica can include abdo...
Do parasites have any benefit to humans?
Parasites can offer some benefits to humans. For example, early infections with parasites decrea...
What Are the Symptoms of Parasitic Infections?