Scabies, caused by Sarcoptes scabiei, an itch mite, is contagious but can be cured. The medication for scabies may last for about two weeks. However, you might continue to experience severe itching (the main symptom of scabies) for about two to four weeks after the cure.
- Q Should I tell my child's school about parasitic skin infection?
- Q Should I talk to my doctor about my parasitic skin infection symptoms?
- Q Is swimmer's itch a type of parasitic skin infection?
- Q What is a parasitic skin infection?
- Q What are the treatment options for parasitic skin infections?
- Q What should I ask my doctor after a diagnosis of parasitic skin infection?