Scabies, caused by Sarcoptes scabiei, an itch mite, is contagious but can be cured. The medication for scabies may last for about two weeks. However, you might continue to experience severe itching (the main symptom of scabies) for about two to four weeks after the cure.
- Q Is scabies serious?
- Q Is there a cure for parasitic skin infections?
- Q How do other illnesses affect scabies?
- Q What should I ask my doctor after a diagnosis of parasitic skin infection?
- Q Can parasitic skin infections be prevented?
- Q What are the treatment options for parasitic skin infections?