Do children grow out of parasitic infections?

Children do not grow out of parasitic infections. If the condition is not treated with medication, the parasite will continue to live and multiply in the child's body. Left unchecked, parasites can cause permanent damage to vital organs such as the heart or lungs and even kill a child.

Continue Learning about Parasitic Infections

What You Need to Know About Ticks
What You Need to Know About Ticks
The thought of a tick on your body or in your home probably makes you shudder, but if you spend time outdoors, you need to know what to do should you ...
What are the different types of parasites?
There are three types of parasites that feast on humans: Protozoa - one-celled organisms that li...
Are parasitic infections serious?
Parasitic infections are serious conditions that can have devastating effects on the body. Parasites...
What Can Increase My Risk for Parasitic Infections?