Can I donate blood if I have Chagas Disease?

You are not eligible to donate blood if you have Chagas disease.
Guidelines on eligibility to give blood change from time to time. The most up-to-date eligibility information can be obtained by contacting the American Red Cross blood center nearest you.

Continue Learning about Parasitic Infections

What You Need to Know About Ticks
What You Need to Know About Ticks
The thought of a tick on your body or in your home probably makes you shudder, but if you spend time outdoors, you need to know what to do should you ...
Do parasites have any benefit to humans?
Parasites can offer some benefits to humans. For example, early infections with parasites decrea...
What is the rate of incidence for parasitic infections?
There are millions of parasitic infections each year with the rate of incidence and type of infectio...
What Are the Different Types of Parasites?