Can Demodex folliculorum be prevented?

There is no known way to prevent Demodex folliculorum. The mites live naturally on your skin and feed on oils around your hair follicles. Cleaning the face regularly with a gentle soap can help manage the mites and prevent any irritation or infection.

Continue Learning about Parasitic Infections

What You Need to Know About Ticks
What You Need to Know About Ticks
The thought of a tick on your body or in your home probably makes you shudder, but if you spend time outdoors, you need to know what to do should you ...
What is amebiasis?
Amebiasis is a parasitic infection of the gastrointestinal tract caused by a protozoan organism call...
Is amebiasis serious?
Symptoms arising from parasitic gastrointestinal infection by Entamoeba histolytica can include abdo...
What Can Increase My Risk for Parasitic Infections?