Many different parasites can infest the gastrointestinal tract, and doctors prescribe different medications, depending on the parasite. These drugs kill the live parasites. If you believe you may have intestinal parasites, it is important to seek medical care. If you do have an intestinal parasite, the doctor can perform tests to determine the specific parasite, and can then prescribe the appropriate medication.
- Q What is the current recommendation for protozoan infections?
- Q How do medications treat parasitic infections?
- Q What is the current recommendation concerning parasitic infections?
- Q How do I care for someone with intestinal parasites?
- Q Can protozoan infections lead to complications?
- Q Is there a cure for parasitic infections?