Many different parasites can infest the gastrointestinal tract, and doctors prescribe different medications, depending on the parasite. These drugs kill the live parasites. If you believe you may have intestinal parasites, it is important to seek medical care. If you do have an intestinal parasite, the doctor can perform tests to determine the specific parasite, and can then prescribe the appropriate medication.
- Q How is onchocerca volvulus treated?
- Q What are the treatment options for parasitic infections?
- Q How do medications treat protozoan infections?
- Q How do I manage my parasitic skin infection on a daily basis?
- Q Can protozoan infections lead to complications?
- Q Is there a cure for toxoplasmosis?