Are there alternative treatments for paranoid schizophrenia?

The primary treatment for paranoid schizophrenia is medication supplemented with therapy. However, alternative treatments are available for those who do not respond very well to the treatment. Electroconvulsive therapy is an alternative treatment sometimes used to treat paranoid schizophrenia. The treatment attempts to correct problems in the brain by sending slight electric shocks through the brain. For those who do respond well to treatment, additional training, like life skills training, is often offered to promote independent living in society. It may also be helpful for some people with paranoid schizophrenia to engage in relaxation or stress management techniques like meditation, yoga, and exercise.

Continue Learning about Paranoid Schizophrenia

Should I talk to my doctor about paranoid schizophrenia symptoms?
Paranoid schizophrenia is a serious disorder that may result in your hurting yourself or others. How...
What are negative effects of paranoid schizophrenia?
Mark Moronell, MDMark Moronell, MD
Paranoid schizophrenia can cause many negative outcomes for people if they are not treated for t...
How do I manage my paranoid schizophrenia on a daily basis?
Managing your paranoid schizophrenia on a daily basis can be frustrating because paranoid schizophre...
Is there a cure for paranoid schizophrenia?
Unfortunately, no cure for any kind of schizophrenia exists. Doctors are still researching the disea...