Is there a cure for papillary thyroid cancer?

Several treatment options can cure thyroid cancer. You will likely need to have your thyroid surgically removed, and may need additional treatment afterwards. Radiation and chemotherapy can kill cancer cells that cannot be removed surgically. However, thyroid cancer can return even after you have been in remission for years. Your doctor will closely monitor your condition, and even if thyroid cancer cells do return, the condition is still treatable.

Continue Learning about Papillary Thyroid Cancer

How do I manage my papillary thyroid cancer symptoms on a daily basis?
If you notice any symptoms of thyroid cancer, tell your doctor immediately. Watch for lumps in your ...
How does an ultrasound diagnose papillary thyroid cancer?
An ultrasound uses sound waves to create an image of your thyroid. Your doctor will move an ultrasou...
Should I talk to my doctor about my papillary thyroid cancer symptoms?
Tell your doctor about any symptoms of thyroid cancer. Watch for lumps that you can feel in your nec...
What is the treatment for papillary thyroid cancer?
James Lee, MDJames Lee, MD
There are three main parts to the treatment of papillary thyroid cancer:Surgery: The best treatment ...