Does papillary thyroid cancer affect children differently than adults?

Papillary thyroid cancer usually occurs in older adults. It is rarely seen in children. However, if children do develop thyroid cancer, they will likely need to be screened for recurrences for the rest of their lives, even if the cancer is in remission. Children may also have to take thyroid hormone replacement medication if the thyroid is removed.

Continue Learning about Papillary Thyroid Cancer

Should I talk to my doctor about my papillary thyroid cancer symptoms?
Tell your doctor about any symptoms of thyroid cancer. Watch for lumps that you can feel in your nec...
How do I manage my papillary thyroid cancer symptoms on a daily basis?
If you notice any symptoms of thyroid cancer, tell your doctor immediately. Watch for lumps in your ...
Is there a cure for papillary thyroid cancer?
Several treatment options can cure thyroid cancer. You will likely need to have your thyroid surgica...
Are there alternative treatments for papillary thyroid cancer?
If you have thyroid cancer, you will need to follow your doctor's recommendations for treatment. Tre...