How is papillary thyroid carcinoma treated?

The right treatment for thyroid cancer will depend on how far your cancer has spread. Most likely you will need to have a thyroidectomy to surgically remove your thyroid gland. After surgery, you may need radiation treatment to kill any remaining cancer cells in your body. Your doctor may recommend radioactive iodine treatment or external beam radiation. In some cases, your doctor may recommend chemotherapy as well.

Continue Learning about Papillary Thyroid Cancer

Should I talk to my doctor about my papillary thyroid cancer symptoms?
Tell your doctor about any symptoms of thyroid cancer. Watch for lumps that you can feel in your nec...
What is the treatment for papillary thyroid cancer?
American Association of Endocrine SurgeonsAmerican Association of Endocrine Surgeons
If you have a diagnosis of papillary thyroid cancer (PTC) of the thyroid, a total thyroidectomy (rem...
Are there alternative treatments for papillary thyroid cancer?
If you have thyroid cancer, you will need to follow your doctor's recommendations for treatment. Tre...
How do I manage my papillary thyroid cancer symptoms on a daily basis?
If you notice any symptoms of thyroid cancer, tell your doctor immediately. Watch for lumps in your ...