What do I need know about caring for someone with papillary thyroid cancer?

Someone with papillary thyroid cancer will need to time to recover after treatment. The person will likely have his or her thyroid gland surgically removed and may need additional radiation or chemotherapy treatment after surgery. Side effects from these treatments may cause nausea or other discomfort, so be patient and sensitive to the person's needs.

Continue Learning about Papillary Thyroid Cancer

How is papillary thyroid carcinoma treated?
The right treatment for thyroid cancer will depend on how far your cancer has spread. Most likely y...
What is the treatment for papillary thyroid cancer?
American Association of Endocrine SurgeonsAmerican Association of Endocrine Surgeons
If you have a diagnosis of papillary thyroid cancer (PTC) of the thyroid, a total thyroidectomy (rem...
Are there alternative treatments for papillary thyroid cancer?
If you have thyroid cancer, you will need to follow your doctor's recommendations for treatment. Tre...
Should I talk to my doctor about my papillary thyroid cancer symptoms?
Tell your doctor about any symptoms of thyroid cancer. Watch for lumps that you can feel in your nec...