Is panic disorder serious for children?

Panic disorder is a serious condition for a child. Children experience intense feelings of fear and are prevented from attending school, participating in activities and from having a normal childhood. It is important to give support and encouragement to children with this condition.

Continue Learning about Panic Disorder

How is panic disorder related to agoraphobia and phobic avoidance?
Michael J. Mufson, MDMichael J. Mufson, MD
Often those affected with panic disorder will become anxious about having panic attacks in certain p...
When should I call my doctor if I have panic attacks and panic disorder?
If you have panic attacks and panic disorder, you should call your doctor immediately if: Your s...
What do I need to know to care for someone with panic disorder?
Caring for someone with panic disorder requires thoughtfulness and great support. Make sure that the...
What Happens During a Panic Attack?
What Happens During a Panic Attack?