How do I manage panic disorder on a daily basis?

In order to manage panic disorder, see your doctor immediately if you are having any symptoms such as unexpected and extreme fear, chest pains, rapid heartbeat, or numbness and tingling in your hands. Your doctor will examine you and prescribe either medication or psychotherapy to treat and manage your disorder. You should also make sure that you exercise regularly, avoid stress, get sufficient sleep, take your prescribed medications, and participate in activities that help you to relax. Be sure to follow your doctor's advice for continued treatment and attend all of your scheduled follow-up appointments.

Continue Learning about Panic Disorder

What happens during a nonphobic panic attack?
Robert J. Hedaya, MDRobert J. Hedaya, MD
The prevailing theory of panic disorder states that there are two types of panic attacks, non-phobic...
When should I call my doctor if I have panic attacks and panic disorder?
If you have panic attacks and panic disorder, you should call your doctor immediately if: Your s...
What happens during a panic attack?
During a panic attack, the adrenal glands on the top of the kidneys produce hormones that increase y...
What Happens During a Panic Attack?
What Happens During a Panic Attack?