Should I tell my child's school about panic disorder?

It is important to tell your child's school about panic disorder. The school will be prepared if your child has a panic attack. Children with this disorder may not be able to participate in school activities and will need support and encouragement. By keeping your child's school informed and working with the school, you both will help to provide the best educational and psychotherapy plan that your child needs.

Continue Learning about Panic Disorder

Is panic disorder associated with medical conditions?
Robert J. Hedaya, MDRobert J. Hedaya, MD
Patients with panic disorder have a higher likelihood of having mitral valve prolapse (MVP). MVP is ...
Is panic disorder serious?
Panic disorder is not a lifethreatening physical disorder. However, the condition, when untreated, c...
What is the rate of incidence of panic disorder?
The rate of incidence for panic disorder is approximately 18 percent in American adults. The disorde...
What Happens During a Panic Attack?
What Happens During a Panic Attack?