What do I need to know about caring for someone with acute pancreatitis?

When caring for someone with acute pancreatitis, encourage them to avoid alcohol and tobacco. Prepare low-fat meals and provide plenty of water. Assist the individual with relaxation therapy, yoga, and meditation to help manage their pain. Be alert for increased symptoms or signs of infection.

Continue Learning about Pancreatitis

What is a glucagonoma?
American Association of Endocrine SurgeonsAmerican Association of Endocrine Surgeons
About 5-10% of pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors are glucagonomas, tumors that produce an inappropria...
Is acute pancreatitis serious?
A mild case of acute pancreatitis has a death rate of less than five percent, but in a serious case,...
Does pancreatitis affect children differently than adults?
Pancreatitis does not affect children as often as it does adults. The most common cause of pancreati...
Should I talk to my doctor about my pancreatitis symptoms?
Talk to your doctor about pancreatitis symptoms like severe abdominal pain, difficulty breathing, de...