Should I tell my child's school about their pancreatitis?

If your child suffers from chronic pancreatitis it may be necessary to tell their school about their condition. Chronic pancreatitis can causes symptoms like severe abdominal pain and may affect school attendance. Your child may also require a special diet to keep their symptoms at bay. Making the school aware of your child's pancreatitis may make it easier to manage symptoms and complications that may arise.

Continue Learning about Pancreatitis

What is a glucagonoma?
American Association of Endocrine SurgeonsAmerican Association of Endocrine Surgeons
About 5-10% of pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors are glucagonomas, tumors that produce an inappropria...
What is acute pancreatitis?
Acute pancreatitis is inflammation of the pancreas that occurs abruptly. It is usually caused by gal...
Is chronic pancreatitis serious?
Chronic pancreatitis is a serious condition that causes irreversible damage to the pancreas and requ...
How common is acute pancreatitis?
Acute pancreatitis results in the hospitalization of approximately 210,000 individuals each year in ...