Should I talk to my doctor about my pancreatitis symptoms?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Talk to your doctor about pancreatitis symptoms like severe abdominal pain, difficulty breathing, dehydration, rapid pulse or fever. These symptoms may indicate organ failure, low blood pressure, infection and chemical imbalance in the body. It is important to talk to your doctor immediately if you suspect you may have pancreatitis so you can begin immediate treatment to avoid permanent scarring of tissue and ducts, organ damage and death.

Continue Learning about Pancreatitis

What is chronic pancreatitis?
Chronic pancreatitis is inflammation of the pancreas that lasts for a long period of time, causing i...
How common is acute pancreatitis?
Acute pancreatitis results in the hospitalization of approximately 210,000 individuals each year in ...
What is pancreatitis?
NewYork-Presbyterian HospitalNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Pancreatitis is an inflammation of the pancreas. It may be caused by a number of factors, including ...
How do other illnesses affect chronic pancreatitis?
The most common diseases that can cause chronic pancreatitis are alcoholism and gallbladder disease....