The cure for chronic pancreatitis is to rest the pancreas by not eating or drinking and to try to eliminate the cause. Individuals should not drink alcohol or smoke tobacco. When eating normal food resumes, eat smaller, low-fat meals more frequently.
- Q How does autologous islet transplantation work in pancreatic surgery?
- Q Is there a cure for acute pancreatitis?
- Q What are the treatment options for acute pancreatitis?
- Q How often is islet transplantation effective for chronic pancreatitis?
- Q Can chronic pancreatitis be cured?
- Q How do medications treat acute pancreatitis?