The cure for chronic pancreatitis is to rest the pancreas by not eating or drinking and to try to eliminate the cause. Individuals should not drink alcohol or smoke tobacco. When eating normal food resumes, eat smaller, low-fat meals more frequently.
- Q What are the treatment options for acute pancreatitis?
- Q Are there alternative treatments for acute pancreatitis?
- Q How do medications treat acute pancreatitis?
- Q How successful is treatment for pancreatitis?
- Q How do medications treat chronic pancreatitis?
- Q Can chronic pancreatitis be cured?