The cure for chronic pancreatitis is to rest the pancreas by not eating or drinking and to try to eliminate the cause. Individuals should not drink alcohol or smoke tobacco. When eating normal food resumes, eat smaller, low-fat meals more frequently.
- Q How often is islet transplantation effective for chronic pancreatitis?
- Q How does autologous islet transplantation work in pancreatic surgery?
- Q Are there alternative treatments for chronic pancreatitis?
- Q Is there a cure for pancreatitis?
- Q How do medications treat acute pancreatitis?
- Q What is the benefit of islet transplantation for chronic pancreatitis?