The cure for chronic pancreatitis is to rest the pancreas by not eating or drinking and to try to eliminate the cause. Individuals should not drink alcohol or smoke tobacco. When eating normal food resumes, eat smaller, low-fat meals more frequently.
- Q What are the treatments for acute pancreatitis?
- Q How does autologous islet transplantation work in pancreatic surgery?
- Q Does Pancrease have flatulence as the side effect?
- Q How do medications treat acute pancreatitis?
- Q What are the treatment options for chronic pancreatitis?
- Q When should I call my doctor if I have pancreatitis?