The cure for chronic pancreatitis is to rest the pancreas by not eating or drinking and to try to eliminate the cause. Individuals should not drink alcohol or smoke tobacco. When eating normal food resumes, eat smaller, low-fat meals more frequently.
- Q What are the treatment options for chronic pancreatitis?
- Q How do medications treat acute pancreatitis?
- Q How does pancreatectomy treat chronic pancreatitis?
- Q Can chronic pancreatitis be cured?
- Q How successful is treatment for pancreatitis?
- Q Is there a cure for acute pancreatitis?