The cure for chronic pancreatitis is to rest the pancreas by not eating or drinking and to try to eliminate the cause. Individuals should not drink alcohol or smoke tobacco. When eating normal food resumes, eat smaller, low-fat meals more frequently.
- Q How is pancreatitis treated?
- Q Are there alternative treatments for acute pancreatitis?
- Q How often is islet transplantation effective for chronic pancreatitis?
- Q When should I call my doctor if I have pancreatitis?
- Q What are the treatment options for acute pancreatitis?
- Q Does Pancrease have flatulence as the side effect?