The cure for chronic pancreatitis is to rest the pancreas by not eating or drinking and to try to eliminate the cause. Individuals should not drink alcohol or smoke tobacco. When eating normal food resumes, eat smaller, low-fat meals more frequently.
- Q Are there alternative treatments for chronic pancreatitis?
- Q What is the benefit of islet transplantation for chronic pancreatitis?
- Q Is there a cure for pancreatitis?
- Q How does pancreatectomy treat chronic pancreatitis?
- Q How do medications treat chronic pancreatitis?
- Q How successful is treatment for pancreatitis?