The most devastating feature of chronic pancreatitis is pain, which frequently becomes severe enough to require daily narcotic medications. For those whose lives have deteriorated because of unrelenting pain, relief—and return to normal life—may be possible only when the pancreas is removed.
- Q Does pancreatitis affect men differently than women?
- Q How do other illnesses affect acute pancreatitis?
- Q What is acute pancreatitis?
- Q Does pancreatitis affect children differently than adults?
- Q Does acute pancreatitis affect children differently than adults?
- Q How does chronic pancreatitis differ from acute pancreatitis?