The most devastating feature of chronic pancreatitis is pain, which frequently becomes severe enough to require daily narcotic medications. For those whose lives have deteriorated because of unrelenting pain, relief—and return to normal life—may be possible only when the pancreas is removed.
- Q How does alcohol affect pancreatitis?
- Q Does pancreatitis affect men differently than women?
- Q What is the rate of incidence for pancreatitis?
- Q How do other illnesses affect chronic pancreatitis?
- Q How common is chronic pancreatitis?
- Q What is chronic pancreatitis?