The illness itself can be halted. Surgery to relieve pain is successful in as much as 70 percent of the cases. Sometimes, though, the actual damage that has been done to the pancreas cannot be reversed.
- Q What is the benefit of islet transplantation for chronic pancreatitis?
- Q How often is islet transplantation effective for chronic pancreatitis?
- Q How does autologous islet transplantation work in pancreatic surgery?
- Q How do medications treat pancreatitis?
- Q How does pancreatectomy treat chronic pancreatitis?
- Q Are there alternative treatments for acute pancreatitis?