The illness itself can be halted. Surgery to relieve pain is successful in as much as 70 percent of the cases. Sometimes, though, the actual damage that has been done to the pancreas cannot be reversed.
- Q How do medications treat pancreatitis?
- Q How often is islet transplantation effective for chronic pancreatitis?
- Q How is pancreatitis treated?
- Q Is there a cure for acute pancreatitis?
- Q How do medications treat chronic pancreatitis?
- Q What are the treatment options for acute pancreatitis?